Friday, September 3, 2010

It's been a long time

I haven't wrote here for a while and I have a lot to tell and show. I just came back home a week ago, after 6 months abroad. It feels weird to be here now, to hear all the people speaking french and understand every little word they say. The first day I arrived, I thought that it was strange that most of the people on the street were "lao wai" haha.

Since I arrived in Paris, I didn't get to go out a lot, because I was preparing for an entrance exam. I had 3 books to read within less than a week, and one of them was really big and complicated. Before that, I was in Hong Kong to celebrate my cousin wedding so I didn't get the time to read them and be well prepared. Anyway, I'm not sure of the result of the test I passed on wednesday, but I hope I did well ! After the test, I felt more rested, even with the uncertain issue of the exam, so I started to contact my friends to meet them :).

This afternoon, I took the bus to visit my aunt, and lived again a typical french tradition. French people like to moan (or grumble?), especially when they drive. I was sitting in the bus and daydreaming while watching through the window, when the driver start to shout at a woman because she was blocking his way. So they argued for about 2 minutes and blocked every other drivers on the same road. At this moment, I felt bad that I returned to Paris, and missed China and the insouciant time.

One good thing that happen when I was in China, is that really near my home, 3 or 4 new milk tea shops have opened :). I though I will miss them a lot since I drunk them almost everyday in China. It's more expensive than in China, but still affordable (about 4 euros) to drink it sometimes. An other good thing related to that fact, is that Emilie is doing her internship in Paris and we planned to meet around a cup of milk tea ♥.

Oh, I have to tell you something very important. I've finally bought a new camera when I was in China and we are now inseparable :). It's a little bit hard for me to handle it since I'm not used to reflex camera, but I will learn with time right ? Now I have a lot of pictures to show you :).

My new lover and me :).

6 comments:

  1. lol. i didn't see the camera last weekend... milk tea cost like around 2$ in California. 3 books in 1 week, i've never had to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meimei! Good looking lover you got there ;)
    I am sure you passed the examination!
    I will hopefully see you soon when things get more calm here. Enjoy your milk tea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex: Yes, i've forgot it at home >_<! I'll bring it to Aix when I'll come to visit you! I know, it's quite expensive comparing to China too. It costed 0.20 euros in front of my school! But what can you do against addiction ;)?

    Fredrik: Haha, yours is beautiful too ;). I miss your articles! Hope to see you very soon too, I'll invite you for a milk tea :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. im happy to tell you that now "you can" ;)
    shoot everything thats moving and post it!
    greets

    ReplyDelete
  5. im very addicted. i used to go 3-5 times a week during winter vacation.

    I haven't wrote*

    preparing for* an entrance exam

    in the* Paris suburbs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you.

    I've corrected already :). It was good to see you today !

    ReplyDelete