Monday, September 27, 2010

Blue

Again, I'm late, and I don't really have any other excuse than my laziness :p.

I've been in many places, and saw a lot of beautiful, curious, and different things before going back to Paris. A change in my situation made me change my travel itinary and seize the opportunity to visit Tibet. And it was an amazing trip. The landscapes were nothing compared to what I saw before. Snowy mounts and cold wind lashing my face, a lot of green places and semi-wild animals. I'm not sure if I liked Lhasa, because there was a strange atmosphere in this city, but I enjoyed it in a way. This city was really colourful and contrasted with the blue-green-gray tones out of the city, in the mountains :). I didn't really enjoy tibetan food, since I went to Sichuan just before, and it seemed tasteless compared to the really spicy specialities of the province.

In the mountains, in high up, you can easily get mountain sickness, I was afraid to feel sick and not be able to breath. But surprisingly, I did pretty well and suffered more of travel sickness when the roads became tricky haha.

Here are some pictures I took. They're not really flattering the reality, but I hope you will still appreciate them :).


I felt a little bit sad when I saw this heart shaped hole in the sky.

Then later I've found the missing part :).


(more pictures to come here)

5 comments:

  1. I don't really have ANY other excuse than...

    A change in my situation made me CHANGE my travel itinerary and SEIZE the opportunity to visit Tibet. The landscapes WERE(plural) nothing compared to what I saw before.
    I didn't really ENJOY tibetan food, since I went to Sichuan just before, and it seemed tasteless COMPARED to the really spicy specialities of the province.

    I do not know how to explain the -ed endings you made, that is just how it is.

    Finally some tibetian photos! The ones on your page look professional. Like something I would find on google images if I searched for tibet. I saw your other photos too. You must show me the magic trick you learned. When I went to Vietnam by tour bus, the tour guide would make the late people sing lol. (by the way i hate tour bus tours!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for correcting me again :). Those are from Tibet, but the others on flickr are from China. You should try a 50mm objective, it's magic :).

    This tour was cool, because we all know each other and the new people were very friendly, and it was so chinese, so I guess it was like an immersion into the country culture ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what you are talking about 50mm. lol. Are you into cameras now or something? don't be like Kevin, he buys a really nice camera. then he will soon start investing into this camera by buying new lenses that are so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. helene, my friend in france! ^^
    i just, once again, found this blog (via my old one).
    nice to hear that you enjoyed your backpacking after leaving ningbo. :)

    and SO NICE pictures of the clouds. its amazing!
    i wish i were the one captured them... haha :)

    hope you'll keep on updating this blog with pictures and thoughts! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ai-xien !!! How have you been doing ?
    I'm glad you have a new blog, so I can read some news about you (with help of google translator ;)). I was really happy to meet Yuyi and Xiao-mi again, wow that really make me think that world isn't that big :).

    Thank you for the compliment ^_^. I will :).

    ReplyDelete