Monday, May 30, 2011

First days in Phnom Penh

I just arrived in Phnom Penh this saturday late afternoon. I'm still a bit confused with the jet lag and travel fatigue. As I was packing my luggage at home, it reminded me the preparation to China, a year ago. I can't speak khmer so it will be a challenge for me to communicate with people that can't speak english, and still have to learn a lot about cambodian lifestyle and customs.

On my first days here, I mainly rested and visited relatives. I also ate breakfast and dinner with my grandfather, and went out with my dad.

Today, I visited the office where I will work for the next 6 months. I shook a lot of hands and get many business cards. A nice lady explained me different stuffs about the company and introduced me to co-workers. The position I will take sounds very interesting, and I will sure learn a lot during my stay in Cambodia :).

5 comments:

  1. Learn some khmer. Take some lessons. Ask my dad or vybol
    About it. For one month i was taught how to write in khmer by a student for like 100$! do it!
    - alx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure I will ! I've planned to ;). I will take classes at a uni or with a private teacher. Where did you find that student ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. vybol used to be tutored by her then he gave me her info. ask vybol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, I'll ask him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sinon demande mon père mais je doute qu il a la numéro

    ReplyDelete